I spotted this magazine on the shelf of a newspaper stand in Asda. I was drawn to it’s clean, modern style and beautiful imagery. As soon as I opened the magazine, I began walking back to the check-outs. I am not interested in surfing, I have never tried it. But, I found the style of this magazine very unique and inspiring. It now sits next to my bed to remind me of the kind of pieces I could one day be working on. Wavelength magazine is based in Newquay, Cornwall aka the home of surfing. I have taken several images of my copy of the magazine, only including my favourite pages.
Bobbie Burgers is a female artist that I found via Pinterest. I LOVE flowers and plants. So much so, that I incorporate them in the majority of my designs. As someone who has previously worked with acrylic paints, I can appreciate the talent needed to create these pieces of art. I believe in the use of bright and bold colours. Although they are mainly used as ‘feature’ colours, Burgers has created all of her work using statement colours. This creates an uplifting and happy feeling when viewing her art. This is a feeling I would love others feel when witnessing my designs.
I also found Yener Torun through Pinterest. Photography and architecture (it was chosen topic for AS Level Fine Art) are two elements I adore, so when mixed, it’s only right for me to love it. As someone who is actively taking pictures, I am able to appreciate Torun’s fantastic composition and colour use. The detail and balance of his photographs are immaculate, and inspire me to create designs that produce the same amount of satisfaction when viewed.
KARIN NOVAK NEAL
Karin Novak Neal paints tropical trees, plants, and flowers. Being someone who loves colour and the use of plants in my designs, Neal’s work inspires me incredibly. Her work is very unique, and the colours she uses are positive and tropically this artist inspires me to carry on creating unique designs that I love.
If you love quotes as much as me, then you can appreciate a good one when you read it. Here i’m going to list some of favoruite quotes that I’ve recenytly found. I hope that they speak to you as much as they do me.
- You should not have to rip yourself into pieces to keep others whole.
- Forgiving people who have hurt you is your gift to them. Forgetting people who have hurt you is your gift to you.
- Don’t miss out on something that could be great just because it could also be difficult.
- Let yourself move to the next chapter in life when the time comes, don’t remain stuck on the same page.
- To finally move on and start something new, you must release the unchangeble past and embrace your future.
- People overestimate what they can do in a single day and underestimate what they can do in their whole lives.
- Own who you are.
- The most reliable way to predict the future is to create it.
- Consider how very fortunate you are. Consider it every day. The more you count your blessings, the more blessings there will be to count. – marcandangel
- What worries you, masters you.
- What consumes your mind, controls your life.
- Stay close to anything that makes you glad you are alive.
- The secret to getting ahead is getting started.
- If it doesn’t open…it’s not your door.
- The secret to being happy is accepting where you are in life and making te most out of everyday.
- Exist to be happy, not to impress.
- The cost of not following your heart, is spending the rest of your life wishing you had.
- Confidence is not ‘they will like me’. Confidence is ‘I’ll be fine if they don’t’.
- Be yourself only for yourself.
- We met for a reason, either you’re a blessing or a lesson.
- Working hard for something we don’t care about is called stress. Working hard for something we love is called passion.
- I want him but I also want to get over him, and neither are happening.
- If you’re not doing what you love, you’re wasting your time.
- Old ways won’t open new doors.
- Prove yourself to yourself not others.
- It’s better to live your own life imperfectly thn to imitate someone else’s perfectly. – Elizabeth Gilbert
- You are your only limit.
- No one is you and that is your power.
- I can choose to let it define me, confine me, refine me, outshine me, or I can choose to move on and leave it behind me.
- There are better things ahead than any we leave behind.
- You are entirely up to you.
- Comparison will kill you.
- Sometimes you win sometimes you learn.
- If you don’t like where you are, move. You are not a tree.
- Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
- Admire someone else’s beauty without questioning your own.
- When something feels off, it is. – Abraham Hicks
- Don’t be eye candy, be soul food.
- It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. This is in fact true. It’s called living. – Terry Practchett
- If you want better, go get better.
Follow my pinterest if you would like, it’s @vhowell14. You will be able to find even more quotes in my ‘quotes’ board.